COBATI launched the Bombo Community Tourism Project, a village based-initiative, with support from the MTN Uganda Foundation. The cluster includes homesteads, a women handcraft group, traditional dancers, a mini cultural centre, and a school Mediina Pre-Nursery. Sample activities:
- Traditional greeting ceremony
- Village tour
- Visit to a pre nursery school
Bombo Village currently offers day visits only. Take a short drive from Kampala and enjoy many interesting activities.
Your visit also supports a valuable community project, Mediina Pre Nursery. The school has been through a lot over the years and has come a long way, but there are still key items that they need such as school supplies and meals. Some of the proceeds from community tourism fund these projects. You can help further by making a one-time or recurring donation.
Bombo Village Location
Bombo Village is 33 kilometers from Kampala, on the Kampala- Masindi Highway at Mile 21 Bombo. It is en route to the Murchison falls National Park. Look for the COBATI signage by the Nubian Mini Cultural Center.
Your host will be members of the community.
The Bombo Village currently offers day visits with snacks and village activities.
Wheelchair accessible: No
Smoking: Outside only
Daytime visitors can schedule selected activities (priced individually); for details, please see the Rates section.
- Handicrafts production demonstration by a group of women at the village craft shop
- Traditional Duluka Nubian dance performance
- Village tour: Includes visit to community school Mediina Pre-Nursery and a historic site (optional transportation on a local motorbike popular with tourists known as boda boda)
- Story telling: Ismail, a village elder, will narrate the history of Nubians in Uganda dating back to colonial times
Not available at this time. Daytime visits only.
Day Visitor Activities
Prices are per person unless noted.
- Handicrafts production demonstration by a group of women at the village craft shop (1 hour): UGX: 60,000 per demonstration
- Traditional Duluka Nubian dance performance (1 hour): UGX: 100,000 per performance
- Village tour (1 hour): UGX: 20,000
- Story telling (45 minutes): UGX: 15,000 per person or UGX 50,000 for a group
Food and Beverage
- African tea/coffee and local snacks: UGX: 5,000
- Bottled water: UGX: 700
- Coffee/tea: UGX: 1,500
- Soft drink: UGX: 1,500
Prices are in Uganda Shilling. See a price in your currency >
Prices subject to change without notice.
Terms and Conditions
Reservations: Reservations are required 48 hours in advance for overnight and daytime visits.
Minimum stay: NA
Deposit: No deposit required to hold reservation.
Booking fee: There is a $20 per person booking fee.
Final payment: Full payment for all services (room, food, activities) is due 48 hours before check in, payable to COBATI by Western Union, Moneygram, Mobile Money, or cash in Uganda Shillings. Payment for any additional items added during stay (food, activities, additional nights) is due in cash (Uganda Shillings) to the host family at check out.
Check in / Check out: Times are flexible, to be arranged upon reservation.
Cancellation: Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to check in with no penalty. For cancellations made less than 48 hours before check in, full payment is due.
COBATI retains the right to post photos taken of guests at homesteads on the COBATI website and social media pages.